PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Facebook to power our online store--you can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at Hp_junkie@live.com
Goods Return Policy
1. Goods must have been purchased directly from Horse Power Junkie Pty Ltd.
2. Any goods short supplied or are incorrectly supplied MUST be brought to Horse Power Junkie’s attention IMMEDIATELY
3. A Goods Return Number (GRN) must be obtained from our credit department prior to goods being returned, and a Goods Return Form must be filled out and returned with the items. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Goods Return Number. Subject should read “Goods to be returned “
4. The Goods Return Form must include the GRN as well as the original invoice details, and reason for return. If you do not already have a Goods Return Form, please contact us and one can be faxed, emailed or mailed to you. The Goods Return Form is also available to download from our website, Click here to download
5. Goods returned to Horse Power Junkie must have all freight prepaid, unless prior arrangements have been made. All unapproved freight costs will be charged to the sender. Note a tracking or Consignment number is also required, the responsibility until the goods are received reside with the buyer.
6. Goods must be complete, in their original packaging and in a saleable condition, with no dirty or greasy marks, or transport or packing tape damage. Please pack goods to be returned using a similar method to that used when goods were dispatched to you. Goods must include all instructions/paperwork originally supplied.
7. All goods returned to Horse Power Junkie will be subject to a minimum 15% handling / restocking fee.
8. Goods will not be accepted for credit for any of the following reasons;
a) Goods returned after 30 days from date of invoice.
b) Goods returned without a GRN.
c) Goods returned without original invoice details.
d) Goods that were Specially Procured for you.
e) Goods that were purchased from our Online Specials/Newsletter Specials/Clearance Parts list.
f) Goods that have been fitted, used, altered or damaged in any way.
g) Goods where plastic shrink wrap / blister packaging has been opened, e.g. - Bearings, Gaskets, Carb Kits, etc.
9. While all care is taken to ensure the correct supply of goods, no responsibility whatsoever is accepted by Horse Power Junkie for the fitment of incorrect parts. The onus is clearly with the purchaser to ensure the parts are correct for the particular application. Any costs or damages from the fitment of incorrect parts are entirely the responsibility of the fitter.
The only exceptions to this policy will be:
Genuine warranty claims must be processed through the Goods Return Policy procedure. After manufacturer approval, the manufacturer,
At their discretion, may repair, replace or credit the goods. All warranty items must be returned to Horse Power Junkie
Within 3 months of invoice date.
Additional Policy Items purchased from the Horse Power Junkie online specials:
Goods are bought as is and are non-returnable for credit.
Goods ordered incorrectly by the customer may be returned only with permission of our credit officer and must abide by the policy & procedure listed above and will incur a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Items may however be returned under the following exceptions:
If you receive a different item to what was ordered
A pre-arrangement with our credit officer and have been issues with a 'GRN'
The issue of a GRN or receipt of goods into our warehouse should not
Be considered as being approved for credit
Horsepower Junkie Manufactures products and supplies engine building and fabrication services, Horsepower Junkie products are supplied to consumers and specialist mechanical workshops to provide motor vehicle upgrades.
All goods and services sold by Horsepower Junkie are not suitable for domestic use – they are for high performance, auto racing use only.
Horsepower Junkie makes no assertions that any engines or components we supply will comply with exhaust emissions requirements in any State or Territory. Horsepower Junkie does not modify any original equipment manufacturer ECU tunes and as such cannot take responsibility for end users actions.
Warranty – ACL 1 January 2011 below:
Details as follows:
· The goods provided will be of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer.
· The goods will be reasonably fit for the purpose the consumer has specified when ordering the component(s).
· We guarantee the description of our goods and services guarantee is accurate (E&O.E)
· We guarantee the goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided by ourselves.
· We assert that the goods and services provided will satisfy any extra promises made about them (express warranties).
· We guarantee that we will sell all goods with a clear title.
· We guarantee that no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances.
· We guarantee that goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances such as mandatory maintenance of racing engines, etc
· We guarantee we will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase.
This warranty is in addition to the statutory obligations set out above and is in relation to manufacturing and workmanship carried out by Horsepower Junkie.
· Workmanship warranty for Two (2)Months or Three Thousand (3000) kms or Sixty (60) Days on any long or short motor supplied by Horsepower Junkie long and short engines only – only used for street use. This covers our budget engine packages only.
· No warranty on any other Horsepower Junkie engine, such as Billet or HP series engines. These items are custom spec’d to race requirements ONLY and as such a modified beyond original equipment manufacturer’s specifications. If it has been upgraded beyond the specifications set out for it. Any engine modified or upgraded beyond the original specifications will be deemed as the engine is for racing purposes and therefore does not come with a warranty.
All long engines are test run prior to shipping to consumers. It is the consumer’s responsibility to ensure they are satisfied that the engine is operating correctly on our test bench before taking possession of the engine.
· 3 months from invoice or 3,000 K warranty to be free of manufacturing defects only.
· All components should only be handled by a trained professional; all components should be thoroughly inspected, for correct supply, fit, and suitability for application prior to fitment. If the item is fitted incorrectly or setup in for the incorrect application the responsibility resides with the installer.
If you have a problem with a Horsepower Junkie product, please contact us on 0404 379 159 or via email Hp_junkie@live.com subject should be titled “warranty”. We may be able to resolve the problem over the phone and provide a replacement item. If this is not able to take place, the goods must be returned to Horsepower Junkie for assessment. A warranty claim assessment number will be provided by Horsepower Junkie staff.
Once the goods have been returned to Horsepower Junkie (freight prepaid) for assessment, we will endeavour to attend to the assessment of the item with 5 working days of receiving the item in store. If a fault is found in the component, the consumer has the option for a replacement item or a refund.
· The contract to supply engines and /or components is made in the State of VIC.
· Warranty offered by Horsepower Junkie applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
· Engine warranty applies to motors used for street driven use only. Racing use carries no warranty. Race use includes drag racing.
· For a warranty claim to be found valid, it must be shown the problem solely arose due to negligence or by an error by HorsePower Junkie or by an HorsePower Junkie supplied component.
· Any abuse or mistreatment of the part or engine (as deemed by Horsepower Junkie assessment) will void warranty.
· Failure of a component not manufactured by Horsepower Junkie will void warranty.
· Modified ECU deems the engine is being used for racing purposes.
· Boost levels greater than 14 PSI deems the engine is being used for racing purposes.
· Improper installation voids warranty.
· Any components which have been modified by consumer / installer voids warranty.
· Lack of maintenance voids warranty.
· Installation of a trans-braked transmission voids all warranty for thrust bearing related failures.
· The limit of claim is to the value of the part that requires replacement. Horsepower Junkie will only provide reimbursement of the part ONLY additional costs are the responsibility of the consumer.
· Any item sold as a sealed unit should not be opened even for inspection. Any unit opened will void the warranty as Horsepower Junie cannot confirm what tapering has occurred.
· If an engine is to be assessed for warranty, the consumer must make the engine available to Horsepower Junkies facility in Melbourne, VICTORIA. It is expressly forbidden that the engine be disassembled by any other party prior to shipping to Horsepower Junkie, unless authorised it writing by Horsepower Junkie. The engine oil must also be left in the engine as the analysis will form part of the investigation.
· Any damage to bearings, pistons, crankshafts or connecting rods as a result of incorrect tuning or lack of adequate lubrication is not covered by warranty.
· Acts of God are not covered by warranty.
· Reckless mistreatment of the component/engine will void the warranty
· Any reduction in piston crown hardness by more than 15% will void warranty.
· Any evidence of abnormal combustion (pinging, detonation) will void warranty.
· If, in the event that a consumer does not agree with the result of a warranty assessment, the consumer can, at their expense, arrange an independent assessment of the component.
A “Consumer” is a person who buys:
Any type of goods or services costing up to $40,000. Goods or services costing more than $40,000 which would normally be for personal, domestic or household use, or goods which consist of a vehicle or trailer used mainly to transport goods on public roads.
“Goods” is the description given to components or items supplied for the purpose of being included in the rebuilding of an automobile engine for high performance use.
“Components” - see goods above
“Short motor” is a sub assembly of an engine, comprising an engine block, crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, rings and bearings, plus additional components as specified in the individual short motor item description. A short motor is part of the rebuilding of a complete engine and requires the inclusion of a number of other components (supplied by Horsepower Junkie or other parties) to complete the sub assembly into a complete engine. A short motor cannot be test run as it is incomplete when supplied to the consumer.
“Long motor” is a short motor to which a cylinder head, sump, oil pump, camshafts and cam drive system has been added. This type of engine can be test run and all of our engines are subsequently test run to verify all components are operating correctly.
“Test Run” is the actual operating of an engine under its own steam for the purposes of ensuring the engine is operating correctly and within all specifications for pressures, temperatures, etc. Oil analysis is also undertaken after 2 hours of engine operation to ascertain no contaminants are in the engine. Re tensioning of critical components, replacement of the oil and filter also takes place when an engine is test run.
For further enquiries, contact: Horsepower Junkie
0404 379 159
URL: www.hp-junkie.com Policy tab